teisipäev, 18. aprill 2017

Naised on aru saanud: tselluliit on täiesti loomulik!

They say do something each day that scares you, so re-posting this is mine for the day. Despite the fact I speed walk everywhere, squat, run and occasionally do @pure_barre, I'm still left with cellulite. I went to an all-girls' boarding school and really used to envy the girls in my class who seemingly had none, and whose bodies looked, to me, nothing less than perfect. Whenever I opened magazines, the models and celebrities I saw didn't have cellulite either - and if they did, they were shamed in the tabloids because of it, or knocked off their perch by nasty journalists who probably have it themselves. (Note: fuck you.) As a result, I felt like my cellulite was shameful, or an oddity. It wasn't until I got older and saw other women's bodies that I realised HOW BLOODY NATURAL IT IS. ✔️ It's nothing to be ashamed of. Your boyfriend isn't gonna care if you have it, and if he does, dump him for his mate. 💁🏻 Just kidding (or am I?). Don't get me wrong - my cellulite isn't my favourite part of my body, nor is it something I shout from the rooftops about. But I know it doesn't make me any less ugly, or is something I need to feel embarrassed about. ✖️ So don't let it make you feel that way, either! In the words of my old pal Kendrick Lamar, "Show me something natural like ass with some stretch marks" 🍑🍑🍑💪🏼💪🏾💪🏿💪🏻💪🏽 #iamallwoman @allwomanproject @heatherhazzan
A post shared by Charli Howard (@charlihoward) on

New Yorgis elav Briti modell Charli Howard on pannud Instagrami üles pildi oma tselluliidisest tagumikust ja kirjutab, et tal on tselluliit vaatamata sellele, et ta teeb kõvasti trenni. Ja ta on avastanud, et tselluliit on täiesti loomulik, kuna see on enamikul naistest!

Näib, et naised on hakanud aru saama, et tselluliit on täiesti loomulik asi. Nagu ka Howard tunnistab, siis seda loomulikku asja on hakatud häbenema, kuna ajakirjades avaldatud piltidelt see loomulik asi eemaldatakse.

Vau! Ma olen kogu aeg imestanud, miks naised tselluliidi vastu võitleva, kui see on loomulik. Olgu öeldud, et ajakirja piltidelt eemaldatakse ka kõik sünnimärgid ja muud ebatasasused. Aga ettevaatust, sünnimärkide eemaldamine päriselus võib kaasa tuua kasvajate vohamise! On jumala õnn, et piltidelt näiteks naiste ninasid või kõrvu ei eemaldata. Mõnel võib selline mõte pähe tulla! Päris hirmus võib olla see, mis siis edasi juhtuma hakkab ...

Tervitatav on see, et naised on oma kehaga rohkem sõbraks saanud ja julgevad olla nemad ise. Braavo, naised! See on minu arvates suurim muutus Lääne ühiskonnas viimasel ajal, pärast 100 aastat kestnud võitlust oma kehaga.



True story: this is the first pair of shorts I’ve ever owned and worn in public since grade school! I bought them this January 2017 on a trip to Thailand. I never felt like I was “worthy enough” to show off my legs in my previous life as a self-consicous, body hating thick woman. The reasons in my mind were endless: I’m very pale, I don’t tan, and I always have the luck of carrying multiple marks, bruises, and bites across my legs. I am the owner of ripples, dimples, and cellulite and skin that jiggles when I wiggle. In the words of a former [idiotic] Professor, “Knees are the ugliest part of a woman” and of course, in my mind I have the ‘kneeiest” of all knees. And despite having three feet long legs, they never felt long enough to mask my generous thighs that can’t seem to get enough of rubbing up against each other. And so I've lived the bulk of my life confined to long pants and dresses, always hiding myself and apologizing, sweating and being uncomfortable in order to not offend anyone by embracing my fatness. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of apologizing. . . #donewithapologizing #ootd #goldenconfidence #letitout #shorts #curvybabes #happyinmyskin #curvespo #curvesarein #curvygirl #thickfit #cellulite #thickthighs #instagood #weekendfun #redheads #bodysuit #guess #shorts #curvygirls #casualoutfit #goldenconfidence #motivationmonday
A post shared by Elle Valera (@curvyelle) on

Kommentaare ei ole: